How long can a lung fish stay out of water?

for some people who answered my previous questions it’s for my book. (which has been improved as well as my grammer).

While most fish have gills (along with the lungfish), lungfish have something most fish don’t have, an air bladder, which work a lot like lungs by absorbing oxygen and removing wastes (CO2).

Lungfish normally stay out of water for several months until the rainy season begins again. The African and South American lungfishes do this by hibernating in the mud and allowing it to form a ball around them. They also secrete a liquid that covers their bodies except for a small breathing space, allowing them to be preserved until the rains begin again. Experiments have shown that they can stay out of water in this way for up to four years.