How is it that there are thousands of consensus climate change scientists that vastly outnumber the climate change protesters? And if there actually are thousands of consensus climate change scientists agreeing warning us of “catastrophic” climate crisis

How is it that there are thousands of consensus climate change scientists that vastly outnumber the climate change protesters? And if there actually are thousands of consensus climate change scientists agreeing warning us of “catastrophic” climate crisis (death), as stated by the IPCC, why would they not march with the protestors?

5

Answers

95%, or more, of scientists actively working in fields related to the climate accept man-made climate change. There are protestors on a small scale, but climate change is a vast, ubiqutous problem that takes gradual change, and past protests towards the environment have received neither media attention nor been met with results. There are easily thousands of people working in environmental activism — just because they’re not picketing doesn’t mean they aren’t actively working and protesting. Likewise, every individual who is environmentally conscience in their choices is, in a way, a protestor. Scientists’ validity comes from the fact they aren’t biased in their research — it wouldn’t be appropriate for them to protest.

To say ALL scientists agree makes you fanatic and even Obama has bailed since not mentioning the “crisis” in his state of the union address where the scientists didn’t seem to mind. If I told you the scientists agree to study effects, not causes, would you be happy the crisis was a consultant’s wet dream or would you find some sick satisfaction in being disappointed my kids won’t die a CO2 death after all. You fear mongers want this death wish and it’s clear you hate humanity, not love the planet. Meanwhile, the UN and the entire SCIENCE world and all of academia had allowed carbon trading to trump 3rd world fresh water relief, starvation rescue and 3rd world education for just over 25 years of climate control instead of the obviously needed population control.

I never said all scientists! I said 95%, which is what studies and surveys of relevant scientists have found. You, however, are generalizing about all scientists (and there are millions of them, so you’re hyperbolizing). Obama didn’t mention climate change because there’s other stuff going on, and he wants focus — I don’t see how any of this is evidence to the contrary for climate change. I get that you can’t prove an absence, but you certainly CAN demonstrate evidence for climate change, and there’s plenty of it. Before you call me a sick fear monger, I’d appreciate an explanation of why my perspective is wrong.

95% of all the million or so scientists on the globe agree with the catastrophic climate crisis prediction? Too funny. Wouldn’t THAT be a parade if THAT many scientists decided to make the world aware of the biggest crisis ever; climate crisis.
      You hard work in believing this shows your utter fanaticism and clearly shows you don’t love the planet, you hate humanity as you condemn the world to a CO2 death.
      I’m off to James Bay and I’ll take a picture of one of the hundreds of poor little helpless polar bears in the municipal dump for ya. Or, I could bring back some the tropical fossils under the “melting” ice for ya?
      When YOU and the now HUNDREDS of thousands of scientists start acting like they talk, I’ll have an ounce of respect for you fear mongers.

http://green.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/06/22/evidence-for-a-consensus-on-climate-change/
      I don’t want to start a flame war, so I’m not posting after this, but you’re making things black and white — in the long run, climate change will likely be a catastrophe. That means in decades or even more than a century, but that doesn’t make it any less true. We don’t have the technology, the consensus, or the politicians to enact powerful measures now — why does the lack of people marching mean that what scientists say is untrue? The ice caps have shrunken, temperatures have risen incrementally (which is a big deal), and weather has tended towards extremes. The point is truth, not fear mongering — your vitriol is much more disposed to the latter end.