How to I get started recycling at my office?

The first step is to see what local recycling centers will accept.  You need to know what trash your office is producing that can be recycled.  The next step is to get separate bins for your recycling.  The website I have linked below has posters for you to place on bins so there is no confusion as to what goes in there.  Good luck!

Once you figure out what is recycleable and place bins around your office (be sure to include one near the copier for paper and one in the break room for soda cans and bottles), hold a meeting or seminar for your employees. Many people already recycle at home, but it will get everyone on the same page and let them know that the office is now recycling. If anyone does not recycle at home, you can education them on the benefits and show them what is recycleable locally.

Also, be sure that the janitors know of the change and keep the recycling separate. You may have to call your garbage pickup company to get recycling bins or let them know that you would like the service added.

Good luck!

I would suggest starting with paper recycling. Offices tend to use a lot of paper. If the company you work for doesn’t have recycling you could either start by bringing in a small blue box for your personal waste or talk to your boss about recycling efforts. Depending on where you live there are different recycling options for businesses. I hope this helped. 🙂

Edit:  Sorry I didn’t see the other answers before.  🙂