how is genetically modified food is dangerous for soil?

The article I’ve cited lists 6 ways genetically modified foods could threaten the environment.  They are:

1. The genetically modified crops could turn into weeds.
    2. Other plants may become weeds once they are exposed to genes from modified crops.
    3.  Crops that are genetically modified to produce certain viruses (helpful for the survival of the plant) could cause viruses in general to become more resistant.
    4. Crops that are modified to produce toxins (again, for the survival of the plant) could effect wildlife that accidentally consumes it.  The article cites deer and birds as being potentially affected.
    5. The genetically modified plants could create changes in the ecosystem which are unpredictable and could be harmful.
    6. The genetically modified plants may threaten crop diversity.

Fortunately, no visible harm has occurred from genetically modified foods in the US to date, though scientists speculate that there are some subtle changes in the environment and ecosystems near centers of genetically modified crops.

Given the current controversy over GM sugar beets, I have found much evidence to endorse the concern detailed in the previous answer. Because there is so much outrage that takes priority, I have not found mention of soil quality, but I have to wonder, can Roundup Ready crops possibly be good for the soil? An herbicide resistant crop seems likely to have more Roundup sprayed on it than the soil was ever used to before, and degradation of soil quality would seem inevitable.