How fast can we run?

Based on current 100 meter dash records, the fastest human can run 28 miles per hour.   Scientists believe though that it is biologically possible for a human to run 35 to 40 miles per hour and that this will be proven as the record for the 100 meter dash continues to be broken.  For those of us who aren’t track stars though, the average human speed (sprinting) falls between 12 and 17 miles per hour.  

No one ever thought the 4 minute mile could be broken but Roger Bannister was the first to break into the 3 minute zone coming in at 3:59.4 in 1954 in Oxford, England. 

In 1993, Noureddine Morceli ran a 3:44:39 minute mile in Rieti, Italy.  

Lastly, in 1999, in Rome, Italy, Hicham El Guerrouj set a new record with a 3:43:19 minute mile and so far that stands as the fastest mile yet to be run by a human.

I’m just curious to see what others are out there doing and what kind “realistic” personal goals I can make for myself.

Brain Supplements