How expensive does gas need to be to get Americans to start thinking about efficient cars and trucks?

1

Answers

I think a lot of Americans are already thinking about more efficient cars and trucks without the gas prices being sky high.  However, gas prices reaching to the levels that most Americans are not used to often leads to people thinking about more efficient cars as well as other modes of transportation.  I remember Americans feeling a lot of pain when gas prices were over 4 dollars/gallon.  I don’t think that number is very high in terms of pushing all Americans to start thinking about efficient.  I think anything over 5 dollars/gallon for a large amount of time would start getting people to think about buying the most efficient cars.