How does glitter harm the environment?



  1. 0 Votes

    Glitter is made from non-biodegradable materials such as copolymer plastics, aluminum foil, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, and bismuth oxychloride, meaning they linger in the environment for a long time. Additionally, since glitter is heavier than water, it sinks to the bottom of waterways and can become part of toxic sludge, and the oxides that comprise glitter can be reactive in water. It has no recycling or recovery potential, and can also be ingested by other organisms. Finally, the small, hard edges of glitter can create problems for smaller organisms.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!