How does DDT exposure affect human health,animals/insects and plants?



  1. 0 Votes

    DDT is a pesticide that was commonly used in the United States before the early 1970’s when the Environmental Protection Agency declared it unsafe.

    DDT can still be legally produced in the United States but can only be sold to foreign countries.

    DDT is moderately acutely toxic to humans and animals. According to the National Pesticide Information Sheet, it is poorly absorbed through the skin of humans but can be toxic if ingested.

    Laboratory animals given DDT develop many negative symptoms, including hyperexcitability, tremors, incoordination, and convulsions.

    Humans have reported many symptoms related to DDT exposure, including prickling sensations in the mouth, nausea, dizziness, confusion, headache, lethargy, incoordination, vomiting, fatigue, and tremors.

    Humans exposed to DDT also develop liver lesions and tumors.

    Repeated exposure leads to the buildup of the chemical in fatty tissues of the body.

    DDT can be transmitted to humans through food that has been treated with the pesticide. Also, this chemical is very toxic to acquatic animals.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!