How do you fix a bad cough and sore throat?

Just wondering because I’m like that now :P

Answers

Herbal tea, ginger, and garlic all help with your unfortunate situation.  Other remedies can be explored with the citation. below.  Hope this helps you get well!

2. emc

If it is really bad, it might be caused by an infection, and will warrant a trip to the doctor.  Cough medicine is a temporary fix and an oral analgesic spray can ease the pain of a sore throat.  It’s autumn, which means coughs and sore throats are common, so you may have just contracted a minor bug.

Make the following Tom Ka Gai (Thai Chicken Soup) Recipe found here: http://thaifood.about.com/od/thaisnacks/r/TomKaKaisoup.htm

The benefits of this concoction are extraordinary and delicious. The soup is composed of lemongrass, ginger, coconut milk, chili peppers, lime, and many other herbs and vegetables. The result is a soothing but lethal attack on colds and throat sickness. The bugs won’t survive! But you must be able to handle some heat. Lemongrass has antibacterial/antifungal properties. Chilies promote many of the bodily systems. Ginger calms the stomach and acts as an antihistemine. Coconut milk boosts the immune system. The benefits of the ingredients in this magical soup go on and on.

My mother used to cut an onion and lave it exposed in the ‘sick’ room. As it went all yuckky the patient improved. Cut onions ase highly susceptible to picking up infections and bacteria. A good reason NOT to eat raw oinions that have left out for any length of time. 

Have you tried honey and lemon juice in boiled water as a drink?

Rest, first and foremost. I like to get to the root of the problem which is always in my case, congestion. I de-congest with a saline solution and treat the symptoms with all the recommendations above such as tea and soup.

Rest, plenty of fluids – like herbal tea with honey and maybe a lemon.  If you have fever and the cough or sore throat are getting worse – you may need to consult a Dr.

There are many ways to remedy a sore throat without running down to your local drugstore to pick up the leading brand of medicine. Many natural alternatives are available to soothe a sore throat. You may find that you only have to travel so far as your kitchen!
    One popular way to soothe a sore throat is to gargle salt water. Natural minerals in sea salt, such as calcium and iodine are well know to be fast, all-natural remedies.
    Another way to cure a sore throat by targeting the microbes that cause the infection is to add garlic or ginger to your meal. Both of these supplements contain antibacterial properties that will help target the cause of your sore throat.
    Yet another all-natural remedy is green tea with turmeric and honey. Turmeric, like Ginger and garlic, possesses anti bacterial properties that help soothe a sore throat. Honey is also great for making a sore throat more tolerable.
    Some foods to ignore when you have a sore throat are oily or spicy foods, as these will dry out and further irritate your esophagus. Alcohol and smoking are also irritants that are recommended to be avoided. Refraining from these will reduce irritation and will promote a speedy recovery.
    Get well soon! :)

If the sore throat and cough is coming for a nasal drip, a neti pot is the best way I’ve found to relieve symptoms. The neti pot works by cleaning out your sinus passages using warm, salty water. You can buy one in any supermarket or drug store. It’s a little gross and nerve-wracking at first, but as someone who used to suffer from month-long sinus infections, I definitely swear by my neti pot now!

I find that raw bee pollen (or very raw honey), green tea, and kombucha tea are great for boosting a person’s immunity. So is orange juice, as are other fruits and juices containing lots of vitamin C.