How do we shift our electricity use away from peak power?

The peak time for many electric companies is around noon and mid afternoon.

By turning off your lights and opening the blinds in combination with turning on a personal fan and turning up the A/C thermostat you are bound to save some energy! If you are out of the house for most of the day, make sure you leave your thermostat in the 80’s, the house will not feel like its on fire when you get home, I do it all the time. Make sure you unplug any appliences when not in use, I unplug phone chargers and toasters. There are power on and off switches for water heaters, one of the top energy hogs. The refriderator is another energy hog, turning up the temperature in the fridge and freezer can save some dollars!

I have a two bedroom two bathroom apartment that I share with a roommate and our light bill is never over 40 dollars!