How do we make milk from almonds?

Almond milk is made by soaking almonds in water then blending them in a food processor or blender.  The almond slurry is then strained, expelling the almond milk from it.  Water and other liquids and flavorings can then be added to the resulting almond milk.

Here is a recipe I found for making your own almond milk at home, an alternative to regular milk.

1. Soak one cup of almonds in four cups of water overnight, in the refrigerator.

2. Put the entire mixture into a blender, and mix until smooth.

3. Strain the mixture through a cheesecloth, separating the almonds from the milk.

4. Enjoy your fresh almond milk!

Believe it or not, almond milk is usually made by soaking the almonds until soft, then blending them until very smooth, straining away any remaining chunks using a very fine strainer (perhaps a cheesecloth), then adding whatever flavoring you want (optional), and perhaps adding water.

I will not repeat how to make almond milk, because I believe there is already enough information from the people who answered prior to me.

x = add sweetners and flavors and/or dilute.

I do want to remind or let you know that you can also make milk from many nuts (macademia, pecan, brazilian nuts… etc). Soak, blend with water and x, You may also use a raw nut butter. Blend with water and x. These are great raw options.

Another raw option is oat milk, which can be made very cheap and easy. Soak, Blend and x. Coconut milk from coconut flakes, same process.

Also, brown rice milk ( I got the recipe from Lindsay Nixon in Happy Herbivore). Overcook rice, blend and x.

Oat and brown rice milks are quite cheaper than nut milks.

Process I figured out which I think is awesome for straining:

You need a canning jar (the larger the better), the threaded part of the lid, not the circle, and a mesh circle which is used for sprouting. I also cut circles out of pearl onion bags (4 or 5).

Pour milk from blender into jar almost all the way. put on the top starting with the metal mesh (closest to milk) with layered meshes. Pour out into another canning jar. You may need to remove the top and rinse the metal circle multiple times. Repeat procedure with the other jar however much you want.

You may also keep the gunk for baking or to give to your dog or mix in with hot cereal.