You can find boxes of flavored or unflavored gelatin in your local supermarket, usually where the baking goods are. These are easy to make, just follow the instructions on the box. If you’re looking to make your own homemade gelatin from scratch, i have included a recipe for that.
You will need pork skin in order to make your homemade gelatin. The more you have, the more you can make!
(1) Bring a pot of water to boil, put in defrosted skin, bring water to boil again, turn off power and cover for 5 minutes.
(2) Cool skin with tap water, remove white fat and clean skin fully.
(3) Thinly slice skin.
(4) Rub slices in water, rinse until water is clear.
(5) Strain and dry slices (totally, 2 cup pork skin slices obtained).
(6) Add 3 cup water and pork skin slices in a pot, bring to boil.
(7) Remove white foam with small size sieve until the surface is clear.
(8) Transfer to a preheated slow cooker, cook in “High” mode for 5 hours, or until the broth is thick and white in color. Dip a drop of broth on the pointer, touch it with thumb, strong stickiness can be felt.
(9) Strain through jelly strainer bag to a container.
(10) Cool to room temperature and then keep in the fridge until gelatin forms.
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC