How do king snakes not get hurt when they get bit by a rattle snake?



  1. 0 Votes

    King snakes have a tolerance for rattlesnake venom, which also enables them to eat rattlesnakes.  They are not totally immune and can die if enough rattlesnake venom is injected into a vulnerable area, such as the head.  This and more information can be found at the link below.

  2. 0 Votes

    The Common Kingsnake genus are known to be immune to the venom of other snakes, but aren’t necessarily immune to the venom of snakes from different localities. This immune to the venom of venomous snakes has caused other snakes to be prey for kingsnakes including rattlesnakes. 

  3. 0 Votes

    If venom from the rattlesnake or any venomous snake does not enter the blood stream, the king snake is fine. Even you can drink venom from a venomous snake and survive as long as the venom simply passes through your digestive system (no sore throats or ulcers that allow access to the blood stream). The king snake is able to digest the rattlesnake with no problems as long as it is not bit during the capture.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!