How do I start glass recycling in my community?

Wow, I cannot believe there are still communities without glass recycling programs.  If your waste company does not have a program it would be good to call them and ask why they don’t.  They may be able to tell you alternatives you have, for example, some grocery stores accept glass and aluminum for recycling if you are willing to take it their on your weekly trip.  You could also get support from your neighbors and write or call your city council to advocate for a more extensive recycling program.

My community does not recycle glass either, but as they progress towards it I just collect mine in a bag and then bring it to my local recycle center.  Calling and writing to hurry up the process would probably help.

put in box duck taype mark broken glass recycling