How do I care for a snake skin after I have killed it?

Well, first you have to skin the snake, which can be done a couple of different ways depending on what you’re looking for.  Some start at the anus keeping the upper head skin in tact, which is difficult because you have several tissues (eyes, lips) to separate the skin from.  Easier (but perhaps less interesting) to cut the head off and simply take the rest. 

Then you can tan it with a tanning oil make from formaldehyde, glycerin and rubbing alcohol.  You have to pin the snake skin (do not stretch) and slather with the oil, then flip the skin over and repeat.  It’s a detailed process, I’ve attached two link for more instruction.  Although, beware, poisonous snakes can still nick you if you aren’t careful around their fangs!