Ammonia is usually not toxic to humans and mammals, as there is a specific bodily mechanism that prevents any ammonia accumulation in the bloodstream. On the other hand, ammonia is dangerous to fish and amphibians, even at very dilute concentrations.
In fact, ammonia is one of the ways plants take in needed nitrogen (by its ion, ammonium) in the nitrogen cycle.
Children can easily get ammonia in their hands by getting in contact with household cleaning items. It’s important to make sure children don’t have access to these items. If a person swallows it or sniffs ammonia, it is highly toxic. It is not toxic if it only touches a person’s skin.
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC