Polylactic Acid, or PLA, is produced from corn. This resin can be molded into containers and packaging making it a renewable resource that can actually be returned to the earth as fertilizer. The process is as follows:
1. Corn kernels are milled.
2. Dextrose is extracted from corn starch.
3. Huge fermenters convert the dextrose into lactic acid.
4. This lactic acid compound is then convertd into lactide.
5. Lactide molecules are then converted into long chains, or polymers.
6. The resin is then melted and reshaped into containers, films and fibers.
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC