how can we get more people to plant vegetables in their gardens that will benefit more then flowers?

1

Answers

Obviously we can’t realistically implement laws or regulations requiring people to plant vegetable gardens.  The way I see it, people respond well to tangible incentives.  The question here is how to create some sort of meaningful incentive to planting vegetables instead of gardens that exist only to be aesthetically pleasing.

I don’t think it’s terribly reasonable to expect local, state, or federal government to provide subsidies or other financial incentives for people who choose to plant vegetable gardens.  I think the best we can do for now is to strongly emphasize all of the health and environmental benefits of growing your own fresh food, as well as the fact that you’re likely to save money at the grocery store if you don’t have to buy produce.