how can logging be made by sustainable industry

I’m not really sure that the logging industry can be made a sustainable industry. I guess an ideal situaton would be for them to plant a tree for each one they chop down, but there would still be carbon released into the atmosphere. Also, the fuel to power their machinery pollutes the environment. Unless their machinery can run on solar power, I don’t see a sustainable solution to this problem. They would also have to re-chop down each tree they plant eventually, making the whole thing rather counter-productive. 

Sustainable forestry exists. Sustainable forestry just means that logging is done in a way that ensures that the entire forest isn’t wiped out and that the needs of the ecosystem within that area are met. A certain amount of trees are protected within the area so that they can continue to seed and create an environment that encourages growth.