How can I start a beach cleanup organization?

I would suggest volunteering with an already established beach cleanup organization such as Clean Ocean Action or Heal the Bay. If you’re in an area without an established organization it might be a good idea to look and see what other clean up groups are doing elsewhere and sort of model your action after them. You could also partner with an environmental group that does not yet have a beach clean up faction or maybe get a group together and partner with a local environmental event. 

A great way to get a bunch of like-minded people together is to plan a 10/10/10 event through  This is an international day of climate action and work parties to get the word out about climate change and environmental issues.  Check out to find or sign up for an event in your area.