How can I separate mixtures of chemicals?

There are various methods to separating mixtures of chemicals.  The following link lists most if not all separation processes for mixtures of chemicals.  From the labs I’ve taken, I’ve used centrifugation, chromatography, crystallization, decantation, distillation, drying, electrophoresis, evaporation, liquid-liquid extraction, solid phase extraction, filtration, fractional distillation, and precipitation.  

The characteristics of the chemicals in a compound direct you towards a specific method of separation.  For example, you would use centrifugation to separate substances of very different densities.  Or you can use liquid-liquid extraction to separate different organic compounds by using solvent and solute properties.