How can I make sure that pesticides are no longer on my vegetables?

I have attached a link with an article on how to clean your vegetables from pesticides.  

You should wash your vegetable very well to remove any residue pesticides. However, this only helps on the outside. One thing to consider is purchasing organic vegetables that have been grown without the usage of pesticides. They may be a little more expensive in the store, but they are much better for you.

Alternatively, you could shop at the local farm markets or even see if a local farmer would grow food for you. Then you can better ensure that the food is fresh and grown with less or no pesticides.

While cleaning your vegetables is highly recommended, avoiding pesticides by buying organic foods is another preventative measure.  The following foods are known to contain the highest amount of pesticides: celery, peaches, strawberries, apples, blueberries, nectarines, bell peppers, spinach, kale, cherries, potatoes, and grapes.