How can I make my home more energy efficient?

2

Answers

There are several ways. One good way is to invest in energy efficient appliances — particularly major ones like washers, dryers, and refrigerators. Another good idea is to make sure your home is well insulated, so that you’re not using excess energy to maintain a comfortable temperature. Of course, I’m only scratching the surface here. The attached citation goes into much more depth, and I recommend you check it out.

There are many ways to make your home more efficient. First I suggest changing all your appliances to energy efficient ones or Energy Star products. Also, make sure your home is well insulated, if your insulation in new and is put in place right than it can reduce heat loss in the winter and heat gain in the summer. One of the best insulation for that is radiant barrier. This can be installed in the attic floor or attic ceiling. It looks like the bubble wrapping you get in packages, and keeps heat loss in the winter and heat gain in the summer. Click the link below for more options.