How can I keep my fruit in my refrigerator from going bad so quickly?

First make sure your fridge is at the proper temperature. Too warm of a fridge could cause premature food spoilage.

Second don’t just throw all your fruit into the same drawer and forget about them. It is best to store fruit separately. Fruit ripen on a cue from a chemical called ethylene and ripe/rotten fruit give off more ethylene than not ripe fruit. Remove fruit that has gone bad quickly so that it doesn’t cause the rest of your fruit to rot more quickly.

For some fruit you may want to consider buying fruit at different ripe stages to extend their shelf life. If you don’t want to eat that pear today buy one that isn’t soft and squishy so that by tomorrow when you want to eat it, it is all soft and delicious.