How can I keep from getting sun burned so fast? Anything besides sun screen?

It may seem painfully obvious, but use shade. Stay out of the sun; wear a wide-brimmed hat or long-sleeved shirts or pants; otherwise take steps to avoid direct, prolonged exposure to the sun. Really, though, sunscreen is your best bet to avoid burning, which is a good idea, as nobody wants to risk melanoma.

If you’re looking to get a tan without getting a burn, check out this web site:

If you’re just looking to avoid the sun burn, I would suggest putting on sunscreen each day, even if you don’t think you’ll be in the sun. I burn very easily, and I coat myself (and my daughter) when we’re just going to run errands in the summer. Wearing long sleeves, light colored clothing, and staying in the shade as much as possible (I know–duh!) are always good options.

Besides seeking shade during sun peak hours, there are companies that make sun-protective clothing equivalent approximately to SPF 30. It is also possible to make your own sunscreen without worries about the possible effects of nanotech elements found in store-bought products: Simply purchase plain zinc oxide ointment at a drugstore and mix it into your favorite skin lotion. In addition, consuming plenty of deep green and red produce is said to offer sun-protective benefits and add extra defense against skin cancer. If you do end up with a sunburn, consider natural, eco-friendly remedies for sunburn relief like aloe vera gel