How can I help birds with my garden?

Birds can benefit from the establishment of a garden in multiple ways. A major benefit to birds is that a garden will provide them with food, whether they are carnivorous or herbivores. Worms and insects will congregate; if you have flowers and live in a moderate climate, you might even be a able to attract some hummingbirds.

The National Audubon Society has a great website (linked below) that can assist with helping wildlife in your own backyard. It really depends on what kind of rural or urban area you are in and what kind of bird species are local to you. Different plants, bird feeders and houses and water sources can be found for any budget and make a wonderful addition to gardens. Be careful of local cat accessibility to the bird features, however.