How can I get my food to last longer in the refrigerator?

Obviously, the easiest way to do so would be to keep your foods sealed and to not let air into them. I’ve also attached an article about proper food temperature. I also purchased this product at Whole Foods (forgive me, I don’t remember what it was called) but it was egg shaped and absorbed a chemical that vegetables and fruits give off as they begin to rot. I put it in my vegetable crisper and I’ve had vegetables last weeks longer. I’m sorry I can’t remember what it was called but it was in the produce section of Whole Foods.

I have also seen in similar markets some reusable, eco-friendly produce bags. Since produce is one of the types of foods that wilt more quickly than others, products like these could help keep food fresher and in a safe way. My guess is the bags work the same way as the egg-shaped item from Whole Foods mentioned above; I believe both absorb gases given off in the decomposition process.