How can I get my plants to grow longer than they otherwise would have?

Giving your plants nutrient-rich soil either from compost or organic fertilizers helps to keep them thriving. These extra nutrients also allow your plants to get bigger, so will putting them in a large pot where they have plenty of room to grow.

You can trim back plants and keep them clear of dead leaves and blossoms to help them last longer. Less energy is put into the dead and dying areas and more nutrients go to the healthy plant.

You can add fertilizer and make sure that the plant is in a large enough pot or that it is not root bound in a flower bed.

You can bring the plant inside during the winter so it will last to the next season if it is not a plant able to survive the winter in your area.