How can I get into the fire department and investigate how fires start?

I am a person that coaches and teaches people how to become hired into the fire service.

It has been my experience that people usually get hired if they are committed.  Since every fire department is different in what they require, it is not always safe to have a list of requirements and start knocking those off.  Often, the first thing you need to do is get a mentor, preferable someone that is hired to the department where you want to work.  Then, follow the advice they have for you.  

Generally though, you do need all the typical things like an EMT, CPR, be at least 18, have a clean criminal record, be in good physical shape and pass the physical agility.  Those things are kind of the basics…. but everyone has those right?  If you are going to separate yourself, then you need some truly insider secrets.  Harsh but true.

Sincerely hope this helps,