How can I get bats to come to my house?

1. 0 Votes suggests you buy or build bat boxes to attract bats to your home.  The website give dimensions and instructions for building and placing the boxes in your yard (On pole or in trees).  The site also notes that you need a water source within at least a mile of your home if you want the bats to be interested (a pond on your property is even better).  Since bats eat bugs, you don’t really need to provide any food as long as your property has moths and other insects. maintains that a proper temperature is the key to attracting bats.  “Ideally 80º F to 100º F is necessary for mother bats to raise her young”

Apparently, having bats on your property can be extremely beneficial in maintaining insect populations and their droppings make great fertilizer.