How can fish live with such high concentrations of mercury?



  1. 0 Votes

    Many of them don’t.  For those that do, they may exhibit physical and behavioral abnormalities.   A study of largemouth bass indicated that fish with high mercury levels may display abnormal feeding and predator avoidance habits and have lower rates of growth and development. 

  2. 0 Votes

    Fish that have mercury in their ecosystem absorb it and store it in the muscle tissue, which is the part humans eat. Large predatory fish not only absorb the mercury from their habitat, but also eat fish that have absorbed it as well, making them have higher levels of mercury. The human body cannot process mercury and remove it from the brain and nervous system.

  3. 0 Votes

    I am of the same opinion with crystalg

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!