How is the bike there feature for google going to help our transportation industry?

Well I’m not sure the “Bike There” feature is going to help the transportation industry at all.  It seems to me that by Google adding this feature more people will be encouraged to get out and ride their bikes if they know they can avoid traffic and hills and take back ways to work or school.  Hopefully people will be less inclined to jump in their car, allowing the car to last longer and decreasing the need for maintenance and new cars.  

Agreed, the “Bike There” feature is going to allow more people to make transportation environmentally friendly. This won’t help the transportation industry, since it’s meant to cause less reliance on it. I use the Gmaps Pedometer feature now to map my run route, and it’s great. This should be really helpful to a lot of people.