How big of a deal is Copenhagen?

Copenhagen is one of the oldest cities in Europe, with its first documented existence as far back as the 11th century.

Weak answer chiabia — I think the person asking the question was referring to the Talks on Climate Change Summit that was just held — not the city itself! 

I think Copenhagen was sort of a big deal — it was great that all the world leaders got together and addressed the issue (well, at least, they talked about it for a while) — but we need something more! WE NEED ACTION! 

The problem with the Climate Summit at Copenhagen was that they left without a legally binding agreement and any clear-cut measures to reduce pollution and curb carbon emissions. They basically just said, OK well we definitely know we have to do something, but we’re not exactly sure how we’re going to be able to pay for everything we need to do, so we’ll all just go home and think about it for a while and then hopefully when there is more support (which we are gaining — probably almost 90 percent of Americans believe there is now a problem with dumping millions upon millions of tons of CO2 into the atmosphere each year) then we will all reconveine and do something about it in the way of a globally binding contract. I heard talk of, “Who is going to enforce it?” and also the fact that everyone who signed the Kyoto treaty was in a binding contract — but not everyone complied ! — and it would be counterproductive to wage war on a nation for not doing enough to save the environment, because let’s face it, war is energy (and life) intensive… therefore it is up to individual governments (and really just PEOPLE) to do everything in our power to protect the environment!  Copenhagen was a good start — think of it like the pre-lims to the actual event — but not nearly enough!  The big deal is going to happen around the year 2024! (I just made that up, but I hope it’s sooner than never!)