Is the history of the green movement part of environmental studies programs in college?

I suppose it depends on which school you go to, but the history of environmentalism did play a part in my education.  How and why various laws were enacted, who the main players were, and how solutions were reached are important to learn because they explain why the environmental movement is what it is today. 

I agree that it depends on how the prof. chooses to guide the course; it factored minimally into my environmental studies courses. However, there is a certain truth to the saying that you can’t know where you are going unless you know where you’ve been. Having a solid grasp on history is critical in being able to envision and create a future that is worth inheriting.