is higher pixel recommended for outside night shots?Type your question here…

Most digital cameras today are in the 2mp and 5mp range. The higher the pixel count the clearer the shot will be. This applies also at nighttime. While a lower pixel count will still be able to take photographs at night and get the same exposure from the light the clarity will still be determined by the pixel count. P

ixel count should really be decided on what size portraits you plan on printing. For 4X6 photograph’s a 3mp camera should be fine. Ff instead you are looking at printing 8X10’s then a 4mp or 5mp camera would suit you better. For even larger pictures a higher mp would be preferred.

Just make sure you use a good flash.  I find that my film camera takes much better night shots than my digital.  I just open up my f stop the entire way, place my camera on a tripod, and use a detached flash.