From the health perspective is it OK to sweep my house (I have hardwood floors) instead of vacuuming (since sweeping obviously saves electricity)?

Definitely. Sounds like a great idea.  If you really want to use a vacuum cleaner, there are more eco-friendly types that are more energy efficient.

From an environmental standpoint sweeping is much better. However, if someone has certain known health conditions, sweeping could be unhealthy. For many people, there is no problem with sweeping. For a certain number of people, vacuuming with a vacuum cleaner that has a good filter is the best, because sweeping moves around the dust that is on the ground and does not get rid of as many allergens as a vacuum cleaner with a good filter.