Have you seen the WorldVision advertisements for Haiti relief?

Do you know anything about this organization?

The main purpose of WorldVision is to allow people in developed countries to support a child in developing nations, giving them money for various necessities and small luxuries. For the Haiti relief in particular, WorldVision is giving out first-aid kits, food, water, blankets and cleaning supplies to people caught in the devastation. When people donate money for this particular cause, WorldVision pledges to use it to “assist children, families and communities” affected by the earthquake.

And in answer to your question, I haven’t seen the commercials, but I’m going to check them out now. Thanks!

Thanks for your answer skpennell. I saw the ad on GreenAnswers, actually. I’m sure you’ll see it.

World Vision is Christian group that does community development work in poor countries, children and communities worldwide by trying to get to the root of the problem for why those areas suffer from poverty. Yes, I saw the ad. The group already had 40 people working in Haiti when the earthquake struck.

Thanks for your answer bburg8687. That is good that they already had people working in Haiti. Assuming they are safe, it could give them on-the-ground infrastructure necessary to begin efforts immediately.