Has PETA’s I’d rather go naked than wear fur campaign helped save animals all over the world?

Many people base their fashion choices on what they see celebrities and models wearing. What is seen on the runway works its way into movies and television, and down to clothing lines even at less-expensive department stores. Fur has been seen as a symbol of luxury for some time now, adding to its desirability for many people. Having celebrities and fashion models pose in anti-fur ads for PETA has surely influenced some consumers’ decision whether or not to buy fur. In a personal note, the one long-operating fur show in Portland, OR where I grew up finally had to close their doors a few years ago after anti-fur protests out front caused them to lose much of their business.