Has Obama changed his stance on energy after the oil spill?

While I think that the oil spill made everyone a bit anxious to create a bill that changes how we develop energy in our country, I don’t think that it necessarily changed Obama’s stance on energy.  Obama has always shown that he cares about the environment and had intentions to pass a climate bill that starts to change the way that we produce energy with limits on carbon production and whatnot.  However, the oil spill did speed up that process of creating a climate bill since the public outcry after the disaster was so huge.

I don’t think it has changed his policy on energy at all. He still believes that we need oil to help transition ourselves into an alternative energy nation/world. This is seen clearly with the passing of many new oil rigs in the gulf and alaska.