Is anthropology hard to learn?

Like learning anything, anthropolgy takes a lot of time and commitment to learn. The field also divides into Biological, Cultural, Linguistic, Social, and Archaeology. Physical anthropology, also described as biological anthropology or forensic anthropology, focuses on the study of human populations using an evolutionary framework. Cultural anthropology also called socio-cultural anthropology or social anthropology, is the study of culture, and is often based on ethnography. Archaeology is the study of human material culture, including both artifacts (older pieces of human culture) carefully gathered in situ, museum pieces and modern garbage. Linguistic anthropology seeks to understand the processes of human communications, verbal and non-verbal, variation in language across time and space, the social uses of language, and the relationship between language and culture. It’s an extremely interesting topic and I think if you are seriously interested, you should definitely invest the time to learn more about it.

I just finished taking a physical anthropology class last semester at Washington State University.  I found it very challenging, but rewarding.  Physical anthropology focuses a lot on genetics, evolution, and the biological heritage of humans.  Any class in anthropology is very interesting to anyone who is concerned about the environment.  I would highly recommend taking a course in anthro — it covers a lot more than typical science classes.