Is going green just a trend?

In my opinion, no.  Going green is more a long-term lifestyle choice that I believe will not go away with time.

I really don’t think it’s just a trend.  I believe it’a a movement to become more eco-friendly and help the environment.  Going green and environmental consciousness has been around forever.  People from all civilizations have displayed some form of concern for the health of the planet — it’s not just a fad.  

I think that the fact that often environmentalism leads to saving money (using less gas, growing your own food at home) gives it better staying power than just the charitable fad of the day. Also, considering that one could argue the National Park system was an outgrowth of going green, it’s been around quite a while for just a fad.