Is Ghost Hunters real?

Probably not. I will admit to believing in a spiritual world, but I don’t think it works exactly the way Ghost Hunters says it does. My main reason for believing it to be–if not fake–at least very overdone, is that they never actually see anything. There’s a lot of yelling, and a lot of “bad feelings,” and their instruments are always doing something, but they never actually see anything. It’s a fun show to watch, but I don’t think it’s entirely truthful.

Ghost Hunters used to be a “real” show.  Obviously they spiced it up for TV a bit.  But TAPS really was an agency and Sci-Fi decided to follow them around on their real missions.

However, Sci-Fi needed more. Needed more “action”.  Which is why the show went from the 2 guys being VERY skeptical of any house being to haunted to everyone (They have added on MANY new characters, including the large-breasted young women for ratings) screaming about the chills they feel.  

The show has now turned into a circus, especially with the soon-to-be-released “Ghost Hunters Academy”… the entire show is completely staged now. 

There are actual organizations that do paranormal investigations, and it’s likely Ghost Hunters started that way but has been dramatized.  One of my friends was on the MTV show fear factor a few years back, and was legitimately scared…so there is definitely a possibility for some truth.  We lived in a world based on physical belief.  There is less acceptance for the unseen.