Is genetic engineering morally wrong?

This issue actually falls into a moral grey area. You have to decide whether or not you consider this issue morally wrong. Honestly, I am for genetic engineering if it is meant to cure diseases and do other good things. Otherwise, if we are genetically modifying foods and people without the intention of doing good then I would have to consider it wrong because it is a technology with the potential for good but we would be forsaking it.

This is a definitely a loaded question. It depends on what kind of genetic engineering you’re referring to. Some stem cell research is designed to find ways to regenerate brain and spinal cells to help paraplegics walk again, so in some ways it can be very good. In food, millions of hungry mouths have been fed due to genetic engineering.