Is the Freon in air conditioner units the same as for our cars?



  1. 0 Votes

    Nope. Cars manufactured after 1994 typically use the refrigerant R134a for the AC units. Before this switch, cars used to take the R12 variety. You can check your car’s manual to see which kind of refrigerant (or Freon) it takes. For air conditioner units in the home, all ACs manufactured in 2010 and beyond must use the R410a version of Freon. Before that, the R22 variety was common for home air conditioners. Since 1993, you need to be certified by the EPA to deal with the R22 refrigerant.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!