Even though there are fabrics that are harmful to the environment are goodwills a good place to shop for new clothing?

Yes of course. In essence you are buying “recycled” clothes.  True it could have been environmentally harmful to create the clothes……but they are here now!  And if they arent used then all the environmental degradation was for nothing. 

Any thrift store is a green option! 

Goodwill Industries is known mainly for its mission to support individuals who are looking for employment. The money raised from their retail stores goes toward training and employment programs to help people find and keep jobs.

Aside from this, there are many environmental benefits to buying second-hand. New clothes require raw materials and energy to produce. Buying second-hand clothing helps to save resources while keeping used clothes out of landfills. The benefits of buying secondhand clothing outweigh the harm that’s already been done from certain fabrics.

I had been wondering the same thing for a while. I recently made the switch to trying to purchase second-hand only for at least one year. So far, finding it to be pretty not only good for the environment, but good for my bank account too.