From the environmental perspective, is there any need for the United States Postal Service?

Well, it depends what makes the USPS worth it to you. From an environmental perspective, it certainly doesn’t help the environment so at what cost is the need for the USPS more worthwhile than the effect it has on the environment. I’m sure for all people, it is different. I’m sure if we make far more things electronic then we wouldn’t need to mail as many bills and have quite so much correspondence but how comfortable are most of us with changing the way you’ve done something for a long time. It’s certainly understandable that it’s bad for the environment but we desire to ship things, so we must try and find the least destructive way to do so.