Is earth hour the same as earth day?

Earth Hour is a global event organized by the World Wide Fund for Nature, and is held on the last Saturday of March. The purpose of Earth Hour is to encourage households and businesses to turn off their non-essential lights and other electrical appliances for one hour. Earth Day is celebrated on April 22 and is designed to inspire awareness and appreciation for the Earth’s environment.

Great job beth1234, i loved your green answer on Melany about ” is earth hour and day the same” I hope you can post a comment on my profile about ” Hany many countries are particparing in Earth hour” for info for our assemby at our school.

No, earth hour is about consievering electricity and showing the world what we can do togather. Earth DAY is about doing everything we can to help to earth . Exp- picking up garbage, taking short showers(not bathes), turning of lights late at night,only using on electronic at once….etc

Hi eco101– thank you for your answer. It was a while since I asked this and totally forgot about it. Much appreciated!