Does toilet paper break down completely?

All toilet paper will eventually breakdown, but the biodegradable claims of companies with thick, soft, multi-ply paper are questionable. 

There are some companies that make biodegradable toilet paper meant to break down quickly for camping and outdoor activities.  How much faster that is, I don’t know – some say months – but still, they do decompose.

This website shows a couple people who researched how long it takes different types of toilet papers to break down, if you’re interested:

My dad was a plumber for many years and stressed that toilet paper is meant to break down by design. This makes things easier when the wastewater arrives at sewage treatment plants. I agree with greenjoy’s reference article that luxury toilet papers and wipes are likely culprits to be causing an increase in blocked pipes.