This definitely interests me because a few years ago, I found my beloved pet cockatiel, Milton, dead on the bottom of his cage for no apparent reason. According to the Environmental Working Group (EWG) cooking with Teflon coated pans releases toxins into the air and have been linked to hundreds of bird deaths a year!! Here’s what happens:
Teflon pans get really really hot! They can reach temps of over 700 degrees and at between 450 and 699 degrees, the teflon emits up to six toxic fumes! Yikes.
The manufacturer of Teflon, DuPont, claims that these toxins aren’t released until 1000 degrees and also claim that their cookware is non-toxic.
So- I would encourage you to form your own opinion. The research leaning towards either idea is definitely out there! Good luck.
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC