Does it hurt an animal more or less to eat a poisonous spider, insect, etc., as opposed to getting stung or bit by it?



  1. 0 Votes

    First of all, there is a difference between something being poisonous and something being venomous. A poisonous animal will make you sick if you eat it, whereas a venomous animal needs to inject venom into you via fangs, a stinger, etc. Think of mushrooms — they can be poisonous, but certainly not venomous!! I’m going to assume you are talking about venomous insects. I could find no instances of an animal ingesting a venomous insect creating harming that animal; it is actually the insecticide used against spiders and bees and ants that causes much more harm to an animal, specifically a pet.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!